Background

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Hearts Day!



Just a quick hello to wish all my followers and visitors Happy Valentine's Day!


I have mixed feelings about this holiday. I don't like the fact that it is made up and commercial, and I don't feel like I should be made to spend $6 on a Hallmark card and chocolates to express my love. By the same token, I'm a hopeless romantic, I love pink, red, hearts, lace and chocolates.

Solution? Give handmade cards and crafts, to me they are more of an expression of love, because you took the time to create something for the ones you love.


Also, don't limit your love to just one day: celebrate love in every form and every way every day of the year!


4 comments:

  1. It is a very contrived day. I like to give a card (handmade would be nice and maybe next year) but I really like to make a meal and enjoy each others company. No pressure on the flowers and candy for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the one time of year that I do get flowers, and today was the day!!! They're beautiful, I'm always surprised and excited about them!
    For my Bunco gals, I decorated little gift boxes cutting out their names (with the sizzix) and stamping a Valentine message. I filled them with a small red candle, a choc. dove heart and a box of choc. Valentine message hearts! We feel like school kids passing out our Valentines!Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards turned out lovely... better than the ones you could buy in a store... and they'll mean so much more, because they were made from the heart!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete